Saturday, July 19, 2008

Taking it easy















I have been taking it easy these last two weeks (right now Myra is saying "No Kidding")as you can see. But I am back at it now. Designing, eagerly waiting to get started on the next sewing project, making plans for the fall retreat and our visits to Bluffton, Indian and Sioux Lookout, Ontario!

Our saying "inspired by the possibilities" is just ringing louder and clearer for me. There is always more than one great way to do a quilt, more than one great fabric collection to use and more sand more ways that I intend to "stretch" myself. (thinner would be good, but that's not what I mean in this case :)) Feed back from customers always puts new ideas in our heads, but sometimes "we" as "designers" have to listen to our inner creativity and just go with what we like, not that other influences are not helpful but each to their own, right? We can't all like the same things, that would be way to boring. We can however all be inspired by the same thing and create something unique from it. Our my ramblings making any sense? I guess what I am trying to say is by taking a break, relaxing and being no were near a computer or telephone made me ready to create again. Jump in with both feet and do what makes me happy, create from within my space and hope that when the project/pattern is complete, that someone else might enjoy it too.

~cori
Posted by Picasa

No comments: