Friday, July 04, 2008

Day 83 - of 100 Days of Quilts
Prairie Lap Quilt

Happy 4th of July!! We hope that all of our American friends will have a great day - and enjoy a day off. Cori and I both forgot to wish everyone a great Canada Day (July 1st) because we were all out with our families. And to my wonderful husband - who never reads my blog - Happy 11th Anniversary! We usually go down to the States for our anniversary, to enjoy the fireworks, but this year, work keeps us in Canada, so I hope the rest of you enjoy the show for us.
Today I picked the simple Prairie Lap quilt that is in our 5th book - The Blessed Home Quilts. I thought I would talk about this quilt today, because I have a funny feeling Cori is making another version of it this weekend. When she was photographing this quilt, she studied the structure of it, and was re-inspired. She popped by yesterday with an armful of modern fabrics, and I know that her mind is spinning with possibilities.
Anyway, this is actually a great teaching quilt. It covers the basics of strip piecing, and half-square triangles, and it is a wonderful beginner project.
See you tomorrow.
myra

2 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Happy belated Canada Day and Happy Anniversary!

Love Joy Piece said...

Thank you for remembering your "Marekan" friends! And, belated Happy Anniversary!