Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 91 - 100 days of quilts

Cori's Log Cabin

Oh how this wash line has come in handy for taking pictures of these big quilts! This was my very first BIG quilt that I made. I was just married and my husband is a cowboy and that was how our first home was decorated, a little bit western (tastefully of course) I have never been a frilly kind of gal, so I didn't mind at all. I found the border print, which had a Navajo feeling and chose my colors around it. I think that Myra and I had seen this layout in a magazine at the time, but of course figured it out by ourselves.(Myra will correct me if I am wrong on that!) I used a log cabin block and the courthouse steps to create the pattern and used shads of purple, blue and of course beige. I also hand quilted this quilt and Myra and I spent a whole evening stitching on the binding so I could hang it in our local quilt show the next morning. I really enjoyed picking the fabrics and my favorite part was the hand quilting - I loved to stitch in front of the TV (oh the time I had before we had kids!) I must say this is bringing back some good memories of just being newlyweds :).

~cori

p.s can you believe that we are on the home stretch of our 100 quilts? I can't!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jean said...

I must say, you two girls must have one huge storage area for all these quilts!
I love the colors!
Aren't clothes lines great! And then there is the natural fresh (non bottled) scent!
Your getting closer! I can feel the momentum building!