Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hockey day in Winkler continues...
This is as close as we got to seeing Don Cherry and Ron MacLean!
(cardboard cut outs!)

I received this email this morning, thought I would share.

"I just wanted to let you know that I picked up the Fons & Porter Easy Quilts magazine this past week. I'm in SC - so just wanted to let you know they are on the stands now. I loved the quilt and the softness of the colors and especially how easy it is to put together. Thanks for the 100 days of quilting. It's very inspiring. I have the Love, Joy, Peace book and have done a few of the baby quilts; but am trying to get inspired to do some applique.
I was so excited to see your son in his hockey gear this morning that I had to call my son upstairs to look at his picture. My son is 11 and is taking hockey lessons too. Yes, we have an ice rink in SC!! He couldn't believe he'd see something hockey on a quilting site.
Thanks again for your pictures and inspiration. God bless!"

These are my kids with their Uncle Eric (bmd webmaster!) with the stanley cup!

CBC interviewed some of our players after our game on Saturday and Lane's interview was aired on TV
- our 5seconds of FAME!
All of the Timbits got medals after their games and Lane hasn't taken it off since, very excitted!
We had a great day and it wasn't over yet...in the evening we watched Randy play the flyers alumni game.
The kids made a sign to cheer on their daddy, #18!
Well on Monday we will get back to the quilts! I promise.
~cori
Posted by Picasa

No comments: