Wednesday, February 20, 2008


Day 36 - of 100 Days of Quilts

Shades of Spring - American Patchwork & Quilting spring issue, 2008

Sometimes there are good things in the mail. We just got our latest copy of APQ, and flipped it open to a quilt that we did for them last fall. Of course we knew the quilt would be in the spring issue, but they needed the quilts to be in 'the office' a few months ahead of schedule, so they can come up with great locations for the photography.

Once again, we did collaborate with the editors. They were looking for a variation on the Lone Star. hummm..... how could we do a different Lone Star? Well, there's nothing like a new challenge.

And I am keeping my eyes on the mailbox for one more magazine. I believe that the next issue of Quilts & More will have another of our projects.

I always try to get 2 copies of every issue that we have a quilt in, so that someday I can pass along one copy to each of my children. And from the looks of my bookshelf, they will both be getting a lot of quilting magazines. A few years ago I was trying to chase my son into bed, when I found him downstairs looking through all of my books. I asked him what he was doing. He said "I am reading my favorite books...they are the one's that you write." Now I knew he was stalling going to bed by trying to get on my good side. But I wasn't buying it. No four year old boy wants to read quilting books. So I just smiled, picked him up, and told him that someday all of those books would be his, and when he learns to read, he can spend every night leaning about piecing and binding. Funny thing...he has never touched those books since.

See you tomorrow.
-myra
Posted by Picasa