Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday's inspiration
Picking colors is the hardest thing for most quilters. But, the most fun for Myra and I, infact we often have too many options and have a hard time narrowing it down! Looking through magazines is a really easy way to come up with a color scheme. Can you see the simularities between the ad and the finished project? Notice how that ad has no quilt? Go to inspriations that have not been done in the quilting world - this will give you a unique look.

Sweet Petunia is what came from that ad. It is a new pattern for release in a couple of weeks. I took the color cues from the ad above. I only used the focal fabric (amy butler) in the center and again in the binding. The other fabrics are basics and I simply pulled the colors from the main print. This was one of my first attempts at using the modern fabrics and I love it!

The pattern is a version of the storm at sea block and it is paper pieced. It is a great table quilt!

You know what else is great about today? I am wrapping up things for our 6th Hometown retreat in Winkler tomorrow! We have a large group of ladies coming from Alberta, Ontario & Manitoba, we have so much fun and I can hardly wait!! Of course we post pics of the weekend.

The other thing I will be posting pictures of our new releases next week as well.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: