Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Day 62 - 100 days of quilts
snow ball quilt

This is a quilt I made for myself, I think it was the year before last. I used only stash fabrics and that was my goal. I had seen this simple pattern at a quilt show in Lethbridge and decided that I needed to make it using my stash. I had a lot of greens and khaki shades and accents of red. The quilt is quilted with all over swirls.

Not all quilts can be the "WOW" quilt. This is simple but fun to put together. You could make it using scraps. Mine may look scrappy but I call it organized scrap where you use numerous fabrics but you just repeat them. So it is still color coordinated but has that old feeling.

On another note... you may be wondering why the blog has been a little slow these days! Our completely kids fabrics arrived last week and we have been running back and forth to the printers, photographing quilts, packaging patterns and getting ready to attend a quilt show in Dryden Ontario. So please bare with us as we get it together. Next weekend is our spring retreat in Portage La Prairie, so we won't be slowing down for a little while.
Thanks for your patience!

~Cori


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

annette said...

it really is lovely. understated with great colour combinations.
so looking forward to seeing more of that lovely new kidlet fabric.