Friday, March 28, 2008

Day 50 - of 100 Days of Quilts

Paisley Pinwheels

I have actually been stressing over which quilt I was going to post for day 50! This is the half-way mark, and I was over examining, and over thinking the whole process. So I finally just picked this one.
It was designed and made, and it was already at American Patchwork & Quilting for photography, when we got the call. It wasn't going to be used in the magazine. What? Instead, they wanted to use this quilt, and our profile, to help launch their new site: http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/ If you haven't been there, be sure to stop in and look around. It is a global community of quilters, and they have lots of info to share.
And we always get asked 'Do you have a pattern for this quilt?' Nope. But it is available! If you go to the above mentioned site, and you find 'Cori & Myra' under their list of designers, you will find this quilt and it's directions.
And finally, I have to wrap up this day by shouting out a statement that I rarely get to shout. 'We've inspired someone!!' Good friends of ours - Ione and her daughter Karen, have started their own personal quilt show blog. And after only 3 days, I am hooked. I LOVE looking at what others are doing, and getting new ideas for my own projects. You can follow along too at http://www.ioneandkarenquilts.blogspot.com/ So congrats Ione & Karen, and I will be watching!
See you tomorrow.
-myra
Posted by Picasa

No comments: