Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Day 13 - of 100 Days of Quilts

Holly & Berries Tablerunner - Four Season's of Quilts
























This isn't what I was originally going to post today - but I thought I had better do this now, because Christmas is just about a faded memory.

I remember when Cori handed me a rough sketch and said 'think this will work as a table runner?' Sure, why not? And as we worked on it, it became a really elegant project. There are two section of appliqued berries and leaves on an embroidered vine. Next, there are three rows of ivory & white paper pieced blocks. And finally, there is a great stripped border at each end.

(Do you want to know a few shortcuts for this project? To save time, you could machine stitch the green vine by using a heavier thread in your sewing machine. And if you are intimidated by appliqueing small berries...why not sew on red buttons?)


-myra

Posted by Picasa

No comments: