Monday, December 10, 2007

So what did you do last night?


Me? Well my husband and I had the ultimate 'date-night'! We got a call offering us tickets for the 12th row - center stage for the Bonjovi concert. This concert was sold out in under 10 minutes, and tickets were rare, so when we got the chance to be there - we took it. It was completly unbelievable! How did we get tickets? Well that will always be my little secret. (only my aunt Esther could guess the source) So the whole night rocked - literally. I could rant about it for hours, but I will keep my insights brief and to the point.

The songs obviously took me back to my highschool days, when life was adventurous and carefree. We chose our own path, and didn't expect anyone to follow. For me, the concert physically represented what Cori and I have been talking about lately. We love design, and when we let ourselves go - we come up with amazing, and dynamic concepts that totally rock. The problem is, we have been told for the past decade that these designs don't work. We have been told that they can't be published in traditonal formats (and they really can't) and it has been gently suggested that it is not what quilters want. Cori and I have always listened, and taken this advice to heart. But now, we are really wanting to go in a new direction. I think this is an itch that we just need to scratch. So in the new year, you will be seeing some very different things from us. It means that we won't be doing a book, and we won't be doing as much magazine work, and that is a little scary, but right now I think we want to explore this new path.

So for me, I am going to go dust off my black leather jacket, and head down to the design board. Who know's where last night's inspiration will lead.

-myra
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

atet said...

Ok, totally jealous about the BonJovi concert tickets here! As for the new direction, I can't wait to see what you come up with!