Monday, November 03, 2008

Mystery Monday @ Myra's


It may be hard to believe, but today I will show you how to make the last block of this mystery project. Next week, I will show you how to do the quick little borders, and reveal my finished project.

Criss-Cross Apple-Sauce

Sew two, 2" x 2" squares of one accent color, to two other 2" x 2" squares of the other accent color. (the purple accent color is the same fabric that I used in my nine patch blocks, so what ever color you made your nine-patches, should be in the same place as my purple. Clear as mud?)

Add a 2" x 3 1/2" rectangle of your border print. Add this to the right side of your four patches.



Sew a 2" x 2" square of your accent color (same as your nine patches) as sew it to the right side of a 2" x 3 1/2" rectangle of your border print.


Sew your first unit on top of this last unit to form a block.


Repeat these steps until you have 4 corner blocks.



We are almost done! And next week your mystery will be solved. See you then.
-myra

1 comment:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Hi Myra, I've been enjoying this mystery quilt project, but ran into a problem with the border blocks. I stitched mine up using the fabrics as they were cut according to the cutting instructions, which does not match the fabric descriptions in the border block piecing instructions. I've posted my dilemma on my website for Monday morning in case you want to see where I'm having the problem.

Once you reveal the next step, I should be able to see if I made the right choice here.

Thanks for sharing this project. I can't wait to see how it gets finished!

MGM
www.HookedOnNeedles.com