Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Isn't this cool?


Today I get to share with you a great photo that got sent to us. It was made by a quilter named Debra, and I am grateful that she sent us a picture of her project.

The design she used was one that we created, and was published in American Patchwork & Quilting in June, 2006. The name of the project was 'B is for Baby', and we were asked by the magazine to do the quilt in two different colorways - for a girl, and a boy. So naturally we used the pink/ivory and blue/green fabrics from our first fabric collection. In our quilts, the center monogram is a scripted B, which is stands for baby.

What I LOVE about this picture, is that Debra did what we hope all quilters will do with our designs. She made it her own. She looked past the colors of our quilts, and was able to see this quilt in black & white. Doesn't it look sophisticated? I think this baby must have a very chic baby room. And Debra also put the baby's initial in the center, instead of the generic B.

This quilt made me smile today, and I hope it did for you too.

See you soon.
myra

No comments: