Monday, September 15, 2008

And what else has been popping up at Annie's??
A lot of really nice fabrics. I won't mention names (like Irene) but a few of my friends really should take the time to poke their noses into the store. I think they may be surprised at what they see. I only took a picture of a few of my favorites, but there are a lot more to choose from.

Anne has started to carry some of the new and modern fabrics that I love to work with , and I think that you will enjoy them too. In our area we have a good selection of traditional fabrics, but Annie's style is a lot more contemporary, and I really enjoy that. You will also be seeing a lot of these fabrics in some of our new fall projects.

Also, let Anne know what you are looking for. There is a lot of fabrics out there in the market place, so if you are wanting to see anything specific, just let her know.
You also might find one or two of our quilts hanging around the shop. We have a large collection, and people often contact us wanting to know where they can go to see our quilts. Well, until we can afford our own museum (which is a long way off) you will be able to spot them around the store from time to time. And since I don't like to keep up the same quilt for too long, I will keep popping in and changing them around.
But I do admit, I think Lemon Slice goes nicely with their wall color.
And I had to include this picture. You can't actually see my name on it - but it is going to be mine someday soon. I have been secretly wanting this board for a long time, but thankfully no one locally carried it. Now, it is just down the road from my house, and sometime at night it calls out to me. OK, that might be a little dramatic, but I do think about it. You know you are middle aged when your dreams are about an ironing board.
I will see you soon. Because there is a lot more to talk about before the weekend.
-myra

1 comment:

Kim said...

You are not the only quilter who covets this nice ironing board, lol, I want one just for the thing on the end to rest my iron safely out of the way. Hope I will stop knocking it off the board! Hope you have your dream board soon.