Monday, September 15, 2008

Hiding out at Home.
Where have we been? Well, we are getting ready for next weekend, when we will be in Sioux Lookout (northern Ontario) and for the following weekend when we will be in Regina. So while we have to get ready for a lot of travelling, I have also been making frequent visits to my new local hide-out. I took these pictures a few months ago, (but lost them!) because I wanted to let all the locals know about my friends new shop. It's right here in Winkler, on Navigator road. (between Days Inn and Janzen's Pontiac)

Anne and her husband Wolfgang, opened the doors to their sewing center this spring, and since that time, they have continued to bring in really cool things. I don't have room for all of the pictures, so you will have to stop in and see for yourself.

Annie's Sewing Center is place where you can get service for your machines, or up-grade to the fancy-schmancy models that are on hand.

I had to put in a picture of this book. At first 'someone' didn't know that the title referred to sewing machine feet. So if you think of it in another context, it sounds like a very intriguing book.

But I was thankful that I could finally, buy Blendable thread at home! I use to stock up on thread when I was travelling out of town, but now, it is just down the road.


Do you know how men feel when they walk into a car dealership? Well, I think I get that feeling when I walk into a sewing machine dealership, and see the new and bright models just waiting to be touched. But so far, I have been really good, and have kept my hands in my pockets.

But I did find my a Wacom writing tablet! I have waited a long time to find one, and I know that it will help me with my design work in EQ. And if you hurry, I think there is one more left.

And really soon, we hope to have a teaching schedule out, listing all of the classes that we will be giving at Annie's this fall. So for all of you who live close by, drop us a line, and we will make sure that you get all of the info.

If you want to keep up with what is happening at the shop, you can also visit the blog at http://anniessewing.blogspot.com/.

No comments: