Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day 70 - of 100 Days of Quilts
Baby Blocks
I picked this fun little baby quilt to post today, because the pattern for it is waiting on my cutting table. I need to cut more kits of the quilt to put into our shop, and to take along to Pine Ridge, where we will be speaking very soon.

When Cori and I created this quilt in our EQ program, I was a little unsure as to how it would look when it was done. I love creating using a computer program, but sometime when the quilt is done in actual fabrics, it can look different from what we had thought. When our new fabric like arrived, we need projects done very quickly, so we packed up the fabric, and sent this project off to a friend, who pieced it, and sent it on to the machine quilter. We didn't get to see this quilt, until it was completely done, so if something looked odd, then that is just how is was going to be. To my great surprise, when I opened the box to see the quilt, it looked stunning. Pictures don't do this quilt justice, so I hope that somewhere down the line, you will all be able to see it in person.

See you tomorrow.
-myra
Posted by Picasa

No comments: