Wednesday, September 12, 2007



the '7 year' nap

I know Cori blogged last week that all of our kids are now in school...but I couldn't help but expound upon this point. We both have great kids, but my kids were created with a unique characteristic. They never napped. EVER! I couldn't believe it when other mothers would talk about their children having a morning nap, and afternoon nap, and go to bed at 7:00 pm. That was a gene my children definatly didn't have.

And so, in the past ten years, with our four small children under foot, Cori and I designed and published over 100 quilt projects. We created and designed in between feeding kids, washing floors, burning potatos (sorry Cori :) and all the other tasks that had to be done. I don't know if I will be able to design with both eyes on the paper...because one eye is always looking out to see where the kids are.

So, now with every afternoon free, I can see one of two things happening.
A: having more ideas than I can possibly ever draw on paper
B: being very well rested.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but today, I am taking that nap. Because I have waited 7 years for this afternoon.

-myra
Posted by Picasa

No comments: