Wednesday, August 22, 2007

a little bit different

I had been wanting to do a layout with our fabrics for sometime and well when there is so much work to do it is hard to just play. Yesterday was the day I decided, work would have to wait a bit! I went through my scrap basket, fired up the sewing machine and away I went.

I made this 12" x 12"layout using 5- 2" x 11" strips of bohemian Rhapsody fabrics, zig zag stitched around each strip, then I layered a 4" x 12" piece overtop and staight stitched on the top and bottom of this piece. I took a 5" x 7" sepia tone photo, chipboard embelishments (which I painted to match), buttons and a personlized journaling block to layer on top of the fabrics and "ta da" my first fabric /scrapbook layout. Not rocket science I know, but I am very pleased with the results. It was a lot of fun playing again too. You should try it.

We also have a project coming out in Quilts and more this fall that is not a quilt, but an interesting spin on a desk calendar.

What types of non-quilt items have you embelished with fabrics? I am working on a new design to re-cover and embelish a chipboard album. Hope you enjoyed this tidbit of inspiration.
~cori
Posted by Picasa

No comments: