Thursday, May 28, 2009


What a difference!

Have you ever made the same quilt twice? Have you ever changed just one thing on a project? What a difference it can make. Take this quilt for instance...recognize it? I have this thing for taking one of our original ideas/patterns and making it smaller. In this case I turned the original quilt into a baby quilt! Now the second picture is really what the original looked like, I didn't change anything other than the fabrics used and the finished size. I chose fabrics from our completely kids collection and threw in 2 handsprays and a solid cream fabric. Pink and orange is one of my favorite color combo's! But back to the first photo. See what I didn't do? That's right as if this project wasn't fast enough I took out the appliqued circles! I found this awesome Heather Bailey print and "fussy cut" these big flowers out to take the place of the circles in the original quilt. It gives the feeling of a circle with out the applique. This palette of fabrics were all Heather Bailey's except for the soft yellow handspray and solid cream. What a fresh and spring like feeling.

And for those of you who say "APPLIQUED CIRCLES?" They are fast and easy, and yes they are done by hand. (you are more than welcome to use fusible :))

So can anyone tell me what this quilts original name was? The first 3 people to email cori@bluemeadowdesigns.com TODAYand tell me the name of the pattern that I took this quilt from will get a free pattern. This pattern is not available on our website, however a very limited number of kits will be available on our Etsy shop next week. Pattern will not be sold separately.

~c

p.s If you have not signed up for our newsletter go to www.bluemeadowdesigns.com and do that TODAY! Our newsletter goes out very soon and we have a free pattern in the newsletter this month!! It's worth your while.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarcastic Quilter said...

I saw this pattern in the magazine and pretty much dismissed it. However, not that I see the fussy cut flowers, I wonder why I didn't think of that and now am going to have to dig out the magazine! Thanks for posting a "alternative" to the original. :D