Monday, April 20, 2009

Just a little tease...

The sewing machines have been humming around here for the past few months. I wish I could show you all of the projects, but unfortunately, you will have to wait until fall, when we will be in just about every quilt magazine on the shelves!

My house has been a busy place again, with boxes coming and going. I just sent off a queen size quilt, to American Patchwork & Quilting. Those of you who were at our local sewing day, you will remember the project. I can tell you, now that Jacquie has quilted it - it is STUNNING.

Cori was also working on another project on our sewing day, which will be featured in McCalls Quick Quilts. I can't show you the front of it, but here is a small glimpse of the back. Our friend Karen quilted this one for us, and it is perfect!

Both of these quilts were made using Heather Bailey's fabric collections, but they both have a very different styling from each other.


Since I can't show the quilts that we did send away, I can show you one that is staying right here. I have always wanted to do our Lemon Slice quilt, in prints, and two weeks ago, I had a chance to dig through our scrap basket, and made one. I love it. The picture truly doesn't do it justice, but hopefully I will have it quilted by fall, and then I will have something for 'show & tell' at our quilting retreat.
See you soon.
myra

No comments: