Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Waiting for UPS

A few weeks ago we received a package from RJR with samples of some of their new handspray colors. They were so beautiful. The colors were rich and vibrant, and inspiring. We very quickly had an idea for a quilt that would use a multitude of their new pinks, reds, yellows, oranges and greens. When I finally worked out a format, I sent it over to Cori for the color placement. To my surprise, she added two of the new teal colors. She was so right! The two darker teals balance out the all of the 'hot' colors, and the quilt has a much better feel to it.

So this design has been hanging on my board for a few weeks, and yesterday I got the call that the fabrics were on their way! So sometime in the next few days my UPS guy should be showing up with a great box of colorful new fabrics. I love those deliveries. It really is like Christmas in July.

We've called the quilt 'Lemon Slice' and it should be available at quilt shops in the very near future. But if you want the pattern or a kit, just talk to Cori about that...she'll be happy to help you!

The hot weather kept Cori and I inside today, and working through another mountain of work...but of course it was fun work. We got to spend the day reviewing artwork for another upcoming line called 'Prairie Wind'. We received the hand painted artwork, and at first we just stood back and gushed over the prints, and then we stepped close, to look at everything with a critical eye. I think that we were both very happy with the final decisions, and we hope that you will like the fabric too.

And on a final note, RJR fabrics has just updated their website. The new site is amazing, and really easy to navigate. It will also give you a clear look at all of the new prints coming out soon. So go to http://www.rjrfabrics.com/ and spend a little time looking around.

Well, it's time to get back to the drawing board, there are still a few more idea's that I want to get down on paper tonight.
I'll talk to ya soon.
myra
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

atet said...

Oooh -- that pattern looks like fun. I love the way the circles keep drawing your eye!