Monday, August 24, 2009

Inspirations


Well it's been a long day and I can finally sit in silence and write you a little something. Summer is coming to a close, when in fact we haven't really had "summer" yet. This evening felt like a fall evening. Don't get me wrong fall is probably my favorite season but unfortunately it is followed by winter, and in southern Manitoba winter was about 8 months long!! yikes.

Enough about the weather....

I got an email the other day from our friend Jill. She was the young lady that was the winner of our plan B contest. Anyhow, we apparently inspired her do a project. You all must know by now that we love it when you change up one of our quilt designs and make it your own. I just wanted to share this with you because it just turned out great!

Jill took our Nantucket rose design and tweaked it to make the quilt pictured below. She kept the outer border and star border the same, picked a different applique and bordered the center square, choose a jewel toned palette and ta da, here you have a one of a kind quilt. I do believe this quilt is being donated to the red cross in her area.

Thanks so much Jill for sending us this picture. I am sure there is more to the story so If Jill wants to share it she can leave us all a comment explaining. (I know you are reading this Jill :))

If any of you have a project inspired by us, please email it to Myra. Maybe we can share your project too.

FYI #1- Myra and I counted all of our new fall release patterns (coming between now and November) and there was about 12 of them. We will let you know as the new patterns are available.

FYI#2 - For those of you who subscribe to our e-letter, we will be sending the fall edition our this week. Included in it this quarter is a new "sweet" project. You don't want to miss it.

good night,

~c
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alberta said...

I love both colour versions!