Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mystery Quilt #2

Here is it the LONG awaited mystery quilt. But first, we have been very inspired and creative over this last month! Myra & I have designed somewhere in the realm of 10 quilts this month alone. Finding Fabrics and writting instructions ect. has been at the top of the list of things to do this year, so please forgive us for not getting this pattern up sooner. Here goes.

Yardages

1 charm pack;
35- 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" squares

Light fabric;
1 1/2 yds

Medium fabric;
3/4 yd

Dark fabric;
3/4 yd

Binding;
6 strips - 2 1/2" x width of fabric

(hints; my charm pack was very medium toned fabrics and my light and dark fabrics were very high contrast. My light, medium & dark fabrics were calm tone on tone prints.)

Have fun picking your fabrics!! I will have the first set of instructions up by Wednesday.

p.s we would love to hear what you are up to and what your favorite fabrics are this month.


~c

4 comments:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Hi Myra, I think I just found what I am going to use the charm pack I won from the last mystery quilt on!

Can you tell us the size of this project when it's finished?

Thanks!

MGM

Rabid Quilter from California said...

A charm pack mystery! I'm all over that! I think I could make about 25 quilts just with the unopened and unused charm pack I have in my sewing room.

Looking forward to Wednesday's post and next clue.

~~Diane~~

Karen Greaves said...

Got my fabrics picked out. Really stepping outside the box with colours for this one - just you wait and see!! ;)

Sipiweske Quilts said...

I've got my charm squares all picked out . . . but was wondering about the size you have in your directions? I notice that you have listed 5 1/2" squares and I'm pretty sure mine are only 5" square (I'm at the office and can't go and measure). Will this change the cutting directions for part two of your post? Can't wait to get started! - Marlene